Friday, December 24, 2010

June, Marta & Penny Triple Auto

This beautiful profile featuring the truly gorgeous ladies of Irwin Allen's Lost In Space inspired me to share something from the bowels of the dreaded Fancave... so, ... to the Fancave!

I happened upon this triple threat card, an official triple autograph card from Rittenhouse signed by the lovely June Lockhart, Marta Kristen and Angela Cartwright, on ebay. There are a number of other nifty autos from the set and the rare insertion of reprinted original 1966 cards. I don't have them all. It was very hard to pull off. They only came one 1966 card for every eight packs for a total of 110 cards in the set. Ouch! Burn my wallet now!

All of these lovely ladies are fortunately still with us and I prefer to keep it that way. I'm not exactly sure what the going value is on the card and/or how truly rare it is. There are certainly a finite number out there and it was the only triple autograph card released in the card series. I can't imagine there will be many other official card releases to see the union of these three beauties for a signing on one card.

I'm particularly fond of the use of bold colors on the card, the strong marker use on the signatures [I am a geek] and that wonderful image pose selected for the back of the card of Lockhart, Kristen and Cartwright as Maureen, Judy and Penny Robinson in silver space suits. Did I mention the best of life comes in threes?

No comments: