Friday, March 11, 2011

Prayers For Japan

The terrible massive earthquake and ensuing floods affecting our friends in Japan has moved from stunning shock to sobering reality. The more I've seen the more troubling it has become as the day evolved. It speaks to how connected we really are.

I have some friends in Japan. I spoke with one friend today, Kohei, who wrote me back that things were quite bad in places and that they were still suffering from the ongoing quakes. In typical Kohei spirit he told me with a [smiley face] :) that he was okay, but would be under his desk for the day. He sounded okay, but things are definitely not okay there. I have not heard from some friends. I worry for Kohei and the others and all the people there. My sincere prayers go out to Japan in the days and weeks ahead.

8 comments:

le0pard13 said...

I join you in your sentiments, my friend. My family's prayers go right along with yours. Thanks.

SFF said...

It's truly awful. I pray those nuclear plants hold up.

John Kenneth Muir said...

Hi SFF:

I want to join you and Le0pard13 in prayers for the people of Japan in this horrible crisis. Things look like they are getting worse at that reactor. This is just terrible. I hope all the families in the area have been evacuated and are safe.

Thank you for this post.

best,
JKM

SFF said...

You know guys, honestly, it pains me to see this thing unfold.

Thanks John and Leopard13. We all feel the same way sincerely.

If you knew these people I've got to know, they are sincerely some of the nicest.

Kohei wrote yesterday- he's fine.

My friend Shohei wrote today and he indcated he was okay, but that it was one of the most traumatic experiences in his life. He's never lived through anything like it he said.

He told me, "well, I better get used to it if I plan on staying."

Anyway, my prayers are heartfelt like your own and I'm watching this closely. Thanks guys.

Richard Bellamy said...

We are all very lucky in this country.

SFF said...

I agree.

We can count our blessings.

There appears to be a number of additional trials ahead for their country. I'm definitely praying they hold that reactor together.

That's the key. Cleanup and getting away from disease etc will be next.

Enjoy your Little Worlds.

le0pard13 said...

BTW, for those interested, one can watch the english language live feed of Japan's NHK World here. HTH

SFF said...

Thanks so much for sharing the link Leopard13. I am in a sincere funk because of events in Japan.

Take care my friend.
SFF