Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Science Fiction Non-Fiction: DeForest Kelley (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

"It's difficult to describe our feelings about The Next Generation.
You look at it and you think, 'Gee, is that a dream or something?
That's something we've already all done.'
It may be hard for the fans to understand, but it's a strange feeling for us to see this new group doing this thing that we had been so associated with for so many years."
 
-DeForest Kelley on mixed feelings toward Star Trek: The Next Generation (Starlog Magazine #143, p.40)-
 

5 comments:

Roman J. Martel said...

Yeah I can imagine it was bizarre to experience that. I wonder what he would have made of the Abrams films. Love the GIF! What episode is that from?

SFF said...

By the time the Abrams films arrived I'm sure he would have been over the shock of it. My guess.

As far as the episode my friend, I'm not certain, but it amused me to no end. : )

dan muray said...

THE EPISODE WITH THE GIANT ANMEOBE..POOR SPELLING...DAN

neer said...

I wonder whether it hurt the actors of TOS to see TNG go on and on while they had to wind up after three seasons (and the third itself was dicey). Many of them found themselves out of work after the show folded up. I remember Kelley saying somewhere that to him the saddest day was the one when they decided to discontinue the series.

The episode is The Immunity Syndrome which has some classic Spock-Mccoy bantering. Spock calls him Captain _ McCoy after this.

SFF said...

Thanks for the specifics Dan and Neer!