Tuesday, September 19, 2017

The Sci-Fi Fanatic BIG 10: Science Fiction TV Shows

"Because you demanded it!" -Marvel's Stan Lee-

OK. You actually didn't demand it, but I bring you The Sci-Fi Fanatic's BIG 10 Sci-Fi TV Shows anyway.





These favorites are based solely on my love for the genre and personal taste. These lists are always debatable and many of the shows that did not make my list are arguably classic or influential or considered far superior to those placed in my Top 10.



But, these are the ten shows I love. They are the ten series this writer watches repeatedly for a host of reasons. In my book, the creators behind these shows got their vision right. They nailed their world-building. And the shows are infinitely re-watchable as a result of capturing all of the right elements at once including cast, chemistry and writing.

Without further adieu the ten best science fiction TV shows according to The Sci-Fi Fanatic are:

10. Stargate SG-1/Stargate Atlantis.


9. Battlestar Galactica (Classic).


8. The X-Files.


7. Farscape.


6. Firefly.


5. The Expanse.


4. Stargate Universe.


3. Space:1999.


2. Battlestar Galactica (Reimagined).


1. Star Trek: The Original Series.


So, those are the big ones for me. Interesting that I eschew the comedic in favor of the more seriously toned series. And while I have them listed by number I'm not entirely sure any of them fall necessarily in that order. In other words, they are easily interchangeable. Sadly of those series only Stargate SG-1 is unavailable on Blu-Ray. Space:1999 is also partially unavailable as Year Two never saw a Blu-Ray release stateside.



Here are a good number of series enjoyed for various reasons some of which could make the Top 10 if I had more room. There are aspects to these series that knocked them out of the running for me. That's not to say that my ten picks are perfect or without their flaws either. Notable mentions go to the following:



11. Star Trek: The Next Generation.
12. Colony.
13. Lost In Space.
14. Land Of The Lost.
15. Battle Of The Planets.



16. The Incredible Hulk.
17. Buck Rogers In The 25th Century.
18. Star Trek: Enterprise.
19. Doctor Who.
20. Bionic Woman/The Six Million Dollar Man.

No comments: